- Livio Felluga
- Fillipo Felluga and Stefan Chioccioli (consultant)
Created in 1989, this wine is named after the Sossó stream, which runs at the foot of the hill where the grapes grow. Made with carefully selected and oldest vines of Merlot and Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso grapes, together with a small percentage of Pignolo, from Rosazzo. Sossò is the result of skillful vinification and barrique maturation that lasts for 18 months. A supremely complex and well-structured wine, it stands out for its elegant, ripe, sweet, fruity tannins.
- Grape Variety
- Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso - Merlot - Pignolo
- The grapes are destemmed then crushed. Fermentation is carried out with maceration in temperature controlled stainless steel
- The wines are blended, racked in barriques, mature for 18 months
- | Appearance
- Very intense, almost impenetrable ruby red.
- | Aroma
- Broad, elegant, very complex, with sweet notes of morello cherry, ripe plum, blood orange and wild berries, mingling with intense notes of spice.
- | Taste
- Soft, mouth filling and well-structured; sweet, close-knit tannins and acidity in perfect harmony; long, lingering fruity finish.
- | Serving Suggestions
- Red meats, roasts, feathered game and mature or moderately mature cheeses.
- Suggested Retail:
- Available Sizes:
- Bottles Per Case: