- Livio Felluga
- Filippo Felluga and Stefano Chioccioli (consultant)
Blending grape varieties in Shariss reconciles the culturally acquired expectations of the local consumer with those of the international wine lover, forming a link between Friuli and the rest of the world. From a wine making point of view, blending gives the wine balance and complexity. On its own, Ribolla Gialla has aromatics that are not particularly assertive, but its contribution is important, for it gives the blend ,with the Chardonnay its texture, freshness and vivacity.
- Grape Variety
- Chardonnay and Ribolla Gialla
- Grapes manually harvested and vinified separately. All done in temp controlled stainless steel tanks. After 6 months they are blended.
- Left on the lees for 6 months. Bottle aged for two months.
- | Appearance
- Canary yellow with light golden hues.
- | Aroma
- Fruity, tropical, with notes of pineapple, citrus, white peach, acacia and broom flowers, hints of fresh spices.
- | Taste
- Lush and round with fresh, excellent balance of acidity; long and persistent aftertaste with evident notes of citrus and spices.
- | Serving Suggestions
- An outstanding partner for asparagus, vegetable soups, shellfish risotto, white meats with herbed butter or creamy sauces.
- Suggested Retail:
- Available Sizes:
- Bottles Per Case: