- Livio Felluga
- Filippo Felluga and Stefano Chioccioli (consultant)
A variety originally from France, Sauvignon was introduced into Friuli under the Hapsburgs and became widely planted in the early 20th century. The wine is refreshing and captivating, with a generously wide, distinctive range of aromas, with notes of exotic fruit, yellow pepper, tomato leaf, mint and box hedge notes. It's a traditional wine from Friuli.
- Grape Variety
- 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Full quality treatment with manual harvesting, soft pressing and cool fermentation with natural indigenous yeasts.
- Resulting wine is held in stainless steel tanks for 6 mos and is then bottled.
- | Appearance
- Straw yellow with light greenish hues
- | Aroma
- Varietally complex, refined, penetrating, evident tomato leaf, boxwood, sage, mango; hints of kiwi and cedar all integrated into a citrus base
- | Taste
- Intense, full with a good mouth filling element which balances itself with acidity; complex and intense varietal flavours, long aftertaste.
- | Serving Suggestions
- Excellent as an aperitif, it is also an outstanding partner for asparagus, vegetable soups, grilled or marinated fish and briny Atlantic oysters.
- Suggested Retail:
- Available Sizes:
- Bottles Per Case: