- Alpha Zeta
- Matt Thomson
Alpha Zeta was started in 1999 when leading New Zealand winemaker, Matt Thomson, set out to produce a range of modern, fruit-driven wines from the hills outside Verona. The aim was to work with growers (rather than buy bulk wine, which is standard among most wines from Verona at this price) to obtain ripe grapes (by reducing yields and picking later) and then, using Matt's expertise, preserve these flavours in the finished wines. The result is a realisation of the potential inherent in Veronese viniculture. The Veneto winter was characterised by cold, wet weather which gave way to a cool, rainy spring. Conditions improved in late May with a hot, dry June with good diurnal temperature differences. Harvest was approximately a week later than 2009 and the grapes were picked in good condition with good acidity levels, better pH than 2009 and lovely aromatic qualities.
- Grape Variety
- 100% Corvina
- Maceration on the skins for 18 hours. Fermented at low temp to retain delicate Corvina perfumes
- Temp controlled stainless steel tanks until bottling to maximize freshness
- | Appearance
- Vibrant light pink
- | Aroma
- Lifted perfume of wild strawberries, warm cherry pie and sherbet
- | Taste
- Vibrant and fresh on the palate, with a fresh, lively cherry fruit character and a fragrant finish and lively acidity.
- | Serving Suggestions
- Excellent with Salad, Fish, Chicken dishes. A wonderful patio wine.
- Suggested Retail:
- Available Sizes:
- Bottles Per Case: