- Fausto Maculan
For three generations the Maculan family has been selecting and vinifying the best grapes in Breganze, an enchanting village set like a small jewel at the foot of the Alps in Italy’s Veneto region. The surrounding mountains protect the area from cold winds, creating a perfect microclimate for the cultivation of vineyards. But it is Fausto Maculan’s drive and commitment, rather than any accident of nature, which set these wines apart and distinguish Maculan as an innovative and dynamic winery. Located in Palazzotto, in the Mirabella area of Breganze, the land is flat and gravelly. Production reduced by thinning the bunches and selecting ripe and healthy grapes.
- Grape Variety
- Cabernet Sauvignon 100%
- In open stainless steel vats. Cap is punched down 6 times a day
- 12 months in barriques followed by 6 months in bottles.
- | Appearance
- Brilliant ruby red
- | Aroma
- Elegant and intense, hints of liquorice, berries and noble wood
- | Taste
- Full and dry with a long finish. Balanced with nobile natural tannins and wood tannins. Lingering structure.
- | Serving Suggestions
- Roasted or grilled red meats. Wonderful with prime rib. Veal and pork roasts with lots of herbs. Semi and hard cheese.
- Suggested Retail:
- Available Sizes:
- Bottles Per Case: