- Current Vintage
- Creekside Estate Winery
- Craig MacDonald, Robert Power
Creekside Estate Winery is located in the village of Jordan Station, in the heart of the Niagara Peninsula. The wines are fashioned by Craig MacDonald, formerly of Penfolds in Australia and Sokol-Blosser in Oregon, and Robert Power, who was in the first graduating class from Brock University ’s Cool Climate Viticulture and Oenology program. Creekside specializes in crafting varietally-pure wines that offer great value. The 2010 growing season turned out the best of the decade. Warm temperate growing season with ideal levels of rainfall throughout brought the majority of grape varieties to excellent ripeness with ideal balance of sugar acidity and fruit profile. The fall harvest season followed suit, with warm days and cool nights boosting flavour profiles. A benchmark year for big red varieties and aromatic whites.
- Grape Variety
- 100% Merlot
- Grapes are sorted, crushed and de-stemmed and immediately transferred to one ton bins for fermentation. Cap is manually punched down.
- 22 months in predominantly seasoned French oak barrels.
- | Appearance
- Dark ruby with purple tinges.
- | Aroma
- Showing lovely oak spice and cherry and raspberry fruit on the nose.
- | Taste
- The palate reflects the nose with bright red fruit flavours balanced by subtle acidity and firm tannin.
- | Serving Suggestions
- Beef stew, prime rib roast, sharp cheddar cheese, grilled meats.
- Suggested Retail:
- Available Sizes: