- Giovanni Manetti and Franco Bernabei (consultant)
Fontodi has high standards in the vineyards. Yields are low, the vines are meticulously pruned and minimal intervention with nature is the order of the day. You will find no herbicides or pesticides in their wine making. Grass grows freely between the rows and unpicked sub-standard grapes are cut away and are left in the vineyards, subjected to nature’s way. Creating good Sauvignon Blanc in Toscana is a challange that Giovani Manetti eagerly accepts. This wine is an excellent example of his commitment to create a beautiful Tuscan white wine.
- Grape Variety
- 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Fermented in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks.
- 6 months in stainless steel
- | Appearance
- Yellow straw coloured with green reflections.
- | Aroma
- Sauvignon in character on the nose,with herbs, gooseberry and mineral.
- | Taste
- Rather minerally, with grassy greengage fruit.
- | Serving Suggestions
- With rosemary roasted chicken or guinea fowl, favourite crostini and pasta with sauteed mushrooms and pancetta.
- Suggested Retail:
- Available Sizes:
- Bottles Per Case: