- Feudi di San Gregorio
- Giuseppe Mongeluzzo and winemaking consultant Riccardo Cotarella
Many authorities on Italian wines have referred to Aglianico as the Barolo of the south. Taurasi is a top expression of Aglianico, a grape of ancient Hellenic roots. Taurasi is well suited to long ageing.
- Grape Variety
- 100% Aglianico
- Very rigourous grape selection from single vineyard fruit, vinification in s s tanks, then into oak for malolactic fermentation.
- 18 months in new oak barriques, then 24 months in bottle.
- | Appearance
- Brilliant ruby red.
- | Aroma
- Fragrant aromas of sour and morello cherry, cinammon, nutmeg, vanilla and aniseed.
- | Taste
- Very full with balance. Sweet and smooth tannins and a long finish.
- | Serving Suggestions
- Roast of lamb and game meats, braised short ribs.
- Suggested Retail:
- Available Sizes:
- Bottles Per Case: