- Feudi di San Gregorio
- Giuseppe Mongeluzzo, Riccardo Cotarella (consultant)
Campania is a very historic wine region in southern Italy that is enjoying a great revival of popularity (the major city in the area is Naples). Feudi di San Gregorio is one of the wine industry phenomena in Italy today and they are one of the most talked about wineries. Falanghina is thought to refer to the ancient Roman phalanx, based on training systems used for this grape at the time.
- Grape Variety
- 100% Falanghina
- Cool fermentation in s s tanks. No malolactic fermentation.
- A few months in stainless steel tanks capturing and harmonizing the freshness of varietal.
- | Appearance
- Pale straw yellow.
- | Aroma
- Intense and aromatic, offering a clear scent of white fruit, banana skin with hints of white flowers.
- | Taste
- It has an intense, fresh, balanced taste as with a clean and aromatic finish.
- | Serving Suggestions
- Delicious with seafood, pasta, risotto, sushi and sashimi
- Suggested Retail:
- Available Sizes:
- Bottles Per Case:
Wine Spectator 2008 - James Suckling - 90 points
Aromas of banana, cream and mango follow through to the palate in this full-bodied white, with lots of fruit and a long finish. Drink now.