- Feudi di San Gregorio
- riccardo Cotarella with Anselme Selosse
Star winemaker Riccardo Cotarella has teamed up with the ulta super star French Champagne maker Anselme Selosse to create a series of unique and high-end sparkling wines for Feudi di San Gregorio. These wines have been highly praised in the specialized wine press. The beautiful Feudi di San Gregorio vineyards are spread out over lush and gentle hills in Sorbo Serpico, about an hour from Naples and Mount Vesuvius. It's the unique volcanic, sandstone and marly soil of this area that lends the wines their tell-tale aromas of cherry, cinnamon and aniseed. The winery itself has its roots in the ancient varieties and traditions of Campania, but this is by no means an artisan business. Each vineyard is closely monitored with a meteorological station, and the technologies of the new state-of-the-art wine cellar ensures that each vintage comes as close to perfection as possible.
- Grape Variety
- 100% Falanghina
- Classic Champagne Method
- Fermentation 18 months
- | Appearance
- Vivid yellow with fine perlage.
- | Aroma
- Characteristic deep, striking aroma of dried banana and tropical overtones.
- | Taste
- Evokes dried pollen, roots, ginger. Hints of meat and vegetable broth, legume and nuts.
- | Serving Suggestions
- The whole meal. Particularily suited for traditional dishes of Campania.
- Suggested Retail:
- Available Sizes:
- Bottles Per Case: