- Current Vintage
- Umani Ronchi
- Michele Bernetti
Cumaro is one of the most important wines in the story of Umani Ronchi, and it can also be numbered among the founder members of the family of fine wines from the Conero area. It was created in the mid eighties to celebrate the Montepulciano variety of vine, and an area close to the sea with highly calcareous soils, using methods based on very strict selection of grapes in the vineyard. The name Cumaro is a tribute to Mount Conero, komaros in Greek, which means "arbutus"; an evergreen shrub which grows freely in its woodlands. Since 2004 the wine has been entitled to the appellation DOCG Conero Riserva.
- Grape Variety
- 100% Montepulciano
- Fermentation takes place between 27-29 C for 14 days followed by mololactic fermentation.
- 12 months is 1/3 new Barrique and 2/3 used barrique with further 8 mnths bottle time
- | Appearance
- Deep ruby red with garnet tints
- | Aroma
- An intense bouquet of fine ripe plum, blackcurrant and morello fruit and spiced finish.
- | Taste
- Soft and enfolding in the mouth, with well smoothed tannins and a pleasant chocolatey finish.
- | Serving Suggestions
- Excellent with Grilled Steaks, Pork Chops, Sausages as well as Roast Beef.
- Suggested Retail:
- Available Sizes:
- Bottles Per Case: