- Current Vintage
- Stefano Chioccioli
The Baracchi winery is ideally positioned on the Cortonese hillside and adjoins the Relais. Riccardo Baracchi strongly desired to continue the family tradition of growing grapes and producing wine since 1860 giving it now a modern character and great quality with renowned wine maker, Stefano Chioccioli. Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon are the grapes that give life to this wine. All operations in the vineyard are carried out by hand with the utmost attention so that each of the 6,500 vines per hectare will produce only a few bunches of grapes, each with the full expression of the plant. A tribute to the land of Cortona and to the joy of drinking well.
- Grape Variety
- Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon
- Vinified seperately, maceration took place in steel tanks for 21 days, during which time alcohol fermentation was completed.
- 20 months in French oak barriques (Troncais, Nevers and Alliers medium toasting)
- | Appearance
- Intense ruby red
- | Aroma
- Black pepper, fruity hints on the nose blend well with the toasty, chocolate and vanilla notes from ageing in wood.
- | Taste
- A complex, harmonious and well-structured wine with smooth tannins and persistent fruity hints.
- | Serving Suggestions
- Barbequed lamb with savoury herbs.
- Suggested Retail:
- Available Sizes:
- Bottles Per Case: